It’s time to pick your first dance song for your wedding. For many couples, it’s a chance to show off their newly acquired dancing skills, entertain their family and friends with a choreographed routine, or get romantic to a favorite song. This is the song that kick-starts the wedding reception and is one you’ll remember for the rest of your married lives. No pressure.
Hint: Don’t do what we did.
Take the time to find a song that really fits your relationship and the vibe you want to achieve for your first dance. To help you out, Hello Couplehood put together a list of great first dance songs.
You can find these songs and more on our Spotify Playlist called Awesome First Dance Songs.
Slow and Romantic Vibe
- “At Last” by Etta James
- “Can’t Help Falling in Love” by Haley Reinhart
- “I Will Spend My Whole Life Loving You” by Imaginary Future and Kina Grannis
- “Best Part of Me” by Ed Sheeran and YEEBA
- “A Thousand Years” by Christina Perri
- “Unforgettable” by Natalie Cole (duet with Nat King Cole)
- “Marry Me” by Train
- “Falling Like the Stars” by James Arthur
- “Thinking Out Loud” by Ed Sheeran
- “How Long Will I Love You” by Ellie Goulding
Sweet and Upbeat Vibe
- “Lucky” by Jason Mraz and Colbie Caillat
- “Better Together” by Jack Johnson
- “All My Love” by George Ezra
- “The Way I Am” by Ingrid Michaelson
- “You and I” by Ingrid Michaelson
- “I’m With You” by Vance Joy
- “Life is Better With You” by Michael Franti & Spearhead
- “Beyond” by Leon Bridges
- “Yours” by Russell Dickerson
- “10,000 Hours” by Dan + Shay, Justin Bieber
- “Blessed” by Thomas Rhett
- “Best Friend” by Tim McGraw
- “Hold You Tonight” by Gryffin with Chris Lane
- “Speechless” by Dan + Shay
- “Homesick” by Kane Brown
- “Love Me Anyway” by Pink and Chis Stapleton
- “Faithfully” by Journey
- “Love of a Lifetime” by Firehouse
- “Heaven” by Bryan Adams
- “I Don’t Want to Miss a Thing” by Aerosmith
What was your wedding song? Is there anything you would have changed for your first dance?